Provider Calls & Webinars
Specific Provider Inquiries
For specific problem resolution, providers are encouraged to contact their assigned Provider Relations Liaison (PRL)directly, or call 1-800-424-4399 and ask to speak to today's on-call PRL.
Third Thursday Provider Calls:
These are topic driven provider calls intended to create a learning platform which fosters a deeper understanding of the many facets of providing services within the LBHP network.
Every Third Thursday, 12 noon to 1 pm
Call into 1-888-205-5513
Pass code: 827176
August 21st, 2014 Provider Call Agenda:
“Individualized and Specific Treatment Planning”
- "Utilization Management Basics" - Syralja Griffin, UM Administrator
- This is an important review for all Levels-of-Care
- Presented by Cicely Evans, Quality Improvement
- Access our presentation
“A New Process for Care Management of Youth in the Coordinated System of Care (CSoC)”
- Changes in Authorization Process and Care Management for youth in CSoC
- Overview and Intent
- New Process
- Implementation plan
- Presented by Erin Woolworth, Clinical Services Manager & Brandi Johnston, Clinical Services Manager
- Access our new process presentation
Question & Answer on Presentation & Announcements
"A New Approach to Adult Indepedent Assessments & Community-Based Care Management"
(audio recording of May 15th presentation)
Would you like to suggest a topic for future calls? Please email your suggestion to LAProviderQuestions@MagellanHealth.com.
New Provider Orientation Webinars
- Introduction to the LA Behavioral Health Partnership
- Magellan Key Staff Contacts
- Provider Resources & Support Documents
- Website Resources
- Claims Submission Options in LA
- LA Provider Dashboard
- Special Population Assessments / Certified Providers
- Question & Answer
This orientation is a general overview for new providers to the LA Behavioral Health Partnership and is not intended as a replacement to the specific technical assistance which can be coordinated through your Provider Relations Liaison (PRL).
Click here for webinar dates, times and attendance logistics.
Clinical Advisor System Calls and Webinars
Find information on Clinical Advisor-specific calls and webinars on the Clinical Advisor Training page.
Magellan In Louisiana Webinars
Appropriate Use of Psychotropic Drugs in Children and Adolescents
(Recorded October 15, 2013)
See our clinical monograph webinar presentation which includes a first-in-industry summary of psychotropic drugs commonly prescribed for children, the FDA approval age, pediatric dosage level, and warnings.
Inpatient Psychiatric Facility Webinar
(Recorded February 24, 2012)
Specifically geared toward psychiatric facilities' clinical staff who are involved in utilization review, this webinar addresses initial and concurrent reviews, as well as service authorization criteria.
Addictive Disorders Residential Facilities Webinar
(Recorded February 27, 2012)
In this webinar we discuss information regarding eligibility, the clinical review process and the use of American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) guidelines of care.
Youth Residential Introductory Webinar
(Presented on September 27th, 2012)
- Introduced the new service array of the Louisiana Behavioral Health Partnership (LBHP), including the Coordinated System of Care
- Discussed how the Coordinated System of Care enhances the services of youth residential providers
- Outlined procedural expectations of youth residential providers, and
- Presented transition planning and training timeline
Click here for a printable copy of the slides presented at the September webinar.